Working At Heights Course
The nationally recognised Working at Heights course (also called Work Safely At Heights) has been created to prepare participants for all safety and practical aspects of working at height.
Training Provided via: Your Licence Pty Ltd
Location: Major Capital cities, onsite or contact us for course details in your location
Dates: Flexible to suit
Duration: Self-Paced online learning (plus face-to-face practical assessment)
Price: $297 inc GST
Cribhut Premium members enrol here for your 10% discount
Once successfully completed, the operator will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment from an Australian RTO, as well as a wallet-sized card that can be used as proof of qualification. These documents are valid for a recommended period of 30 months.
RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights
The Your Licence Work at Heights course is based on the national competency standards accredited by the state and national Training Authorities. Hazard identification and Risk analysis are core components of the course and comply with statutory requirements.
Elements and Performance Criteria
The free Learners Guide provides all information necessary for the operator to gain a sound understanding of the requirements of the Australian Standards, Codes of Practice, and the various state regulations for safely working at heights, including;
- Planning work in accordance with legislative requirements, site procedures and manufacturers specifications.
- Identifying and controlling hazards in the workplace, including procedures for working near power lines.
- Communication methods.
- Selecting and inspecting equipment, including common pre-start and post-start checks.
- Determining and interpreting the capacity of plant and equipment.
- Finding load weights and special load requirements.
- Carrying out work safely in changing conditions.
- Responding to new hazards on site and dealing with emergency situations.
- Correctly shutting down, inspecting and storing plant and equipment.
- Transporting plant from site to site.
You can see a course preview by clicking here, so you can get a feel for what’s included in the Learners Guide before your start your training.
We are able to offer you the above course thanks to our mates at Your Licence.
Cribut has a partnership for nationally accredited training with Your Licence Pty Ltd. This provides us with a means to direct you to enrol in blue collar courses around Australia with a team that we trust.
We choose to partner with Your Licence as the Directors themselves have industry experience, family in the industry and are down to earth, good honest people. Your Licence have also kindly provided Cribhut Premium Members with a 10% discount on all courses when you enrol through a form via this page.