In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Carmichael (Adani) Project – QLD
The Carmichael Coal Mine has been proposed to be constructed in the North Galilee Basin about 150kms north-west of Clermont in regional Queensland.
- Owner – Adani Australia.
- Project scope currently estimated at $2.0 billion.
- Project is at approvals stage.
- Project includes:
- Yet to be announced, but we expect:
- Coal Handling and Preparation Plant;
- Materials Handling Facility;
- Overland Conveyors;
- Train Load-out and Rail; and
- Civil works and essential infrastructure.
- Yet to be announced, but we expect:
- Located approximately 150kms north-west of Clermont in regional Queensland.
- In December 2018 Adani Australia opened expressions of interest.
- Construction start date is currently unknown – we will update as announced.
- Expected to provide about 1500 jobs during construction – we will update as announced.
Occupations Potentially Required for the Carmichael (Adani) Project – QLD
A construction job like this will usually require:
- Electrical & Instrumentation Trades
- Plumbing Trades
- Refrigeration Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Metal Trades
- Building Trades/Formworkers
- Mobile Plant Operator / Truck Driver
- Crane Operators
- Labourers / Trades Assistants
- Peggy’s /Cleaning Staff
- Health & Safety
Qualifications that may help you get a foot in at the Carmichael (Adani) Project – QLD
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and WA Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening.
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Cert IV or III Instrumentation (For Electricians)
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Carmichael (Adani) Project – QLD
- Adani Australia – Owner
Note: As we are made aware of contracts being awarded we will update this article.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Carmichael (Adani) Project Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
We are yet to find any EBA’s for this project. As we find any EBA’s they will be added to this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
All the best if you apply for a job, cheers!
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, better manage your tickets and resumes?
For all of the above it’s just $12 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel
or contact us at anytime.