In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Swanbank Energy from Waste Project
From the Remondis website
- REMONDIS proposes to build a $400 million Energy from Waste plant (EfW) at Swanbank
- 50MW of baseload renewable electricity
- approximately 200 construction positions
- Swanbank Energy from Waste project is currently in the proposal process
Occupations Potentially Required at the Swanbank Energy from Waste Project
A construction job like this will usually require:
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Metal Trades
- Formworkers / Concretors
- Dogging / Rigging / Scaffolding
- Mobile Plant Operators / Truck Drivers
- Crane Operators
- Labourers / Trades Assistants /
- Peggy’s /Cleaning Staff
- Health & Safety
Qualifications to help you get a foot in at the Swanbank Energy from Waste Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and / or QLD Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Swanbank Energy from Waste Project
- Remondis- proposed owner / developer of the Swanbank Energy from Waste Project
Note : This project is currently in the early stages and moving through the proposal stages. We are keeping a close eye on this project and will continually update information as it becomes available.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Swanbank Energy from Waste Project Upgrade Greenfields Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
At this stage of the project no EBA’s are available. As any EBA’s are released they will be updated into this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, better manage your tickets and resumes?
For all of the above it’s just $12 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel
or contact us at anytime.