In the ‘How to get a start at …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Pilgangoora Lithium-Tantalum Project
- Project owner: Pilbara Minerals
- Located 120km from Port Hedland in Western Australia
- One of the biggest new lithium ore (spodumene) deposits in the world
- $148 million project
- Commence construction end of 2016, with commissioning targeted for the end of 2017.
- Scope of work includes:
- Lithium-Tantalum Processing Plant,
- including wet and dry circuit with concentrator,
- and associated plant.
Occupations Required at the Pilgangoora Lithium-Tantalum Project
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Building Trades
- Rigging / Scaffolding
- Mobile Plant Operators / Truck Drivers
- Cleaning Staff
- Crane Operators
- Labourers / Trades Assistants
- Metal Trades
- Health & Safety
Qualifications to help you get a foot in at the Pilgangoora Lithium-Tantalum Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and / or WA Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies Involved with the Pilgangoora Lithium-Tantalum Project
- RCR Tomlinson Ltd – EPC of a 2Mtpa Lithium-Tantalum Processing Plant, including wet and dry circuit with concentrator, associated plant and commissioning at Pilbara Mineral’s Pilgangoora Lithium- Tantalum Mine.
We are keeping a keen eye on all announcements and this post will be continually updated over the life of the Project.
To stay in the loop with the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Pilgangoora Lithium-Tantalum Project Union Greenfields Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
At this stage of the project no EBA’s are available for the Amrun Bauxite Project. As any EBA’s are released they will be updated into this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, read Shared Investor and go in the draw to win gear and event tickets?
For all of the above it’s just $22 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel or contact us at anytime.