In the ‘How to get a start at …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Pacific Highway Upgrade Project – Woolgoolga to Ballina
- The Pacific Highway Upgrade project starts approximately six kilometres north of Woolgoolga (north of Coffs Harbour) and ends approximately six kilometres south of Ballina.
- Pacific Highway Upgrade includes 155 kilometres of highway.
- Four lane, dived lane dual carriageway along entire route
- $4.3 billion project
- Work is due to be opened by 2020
Occupations Potentially Required at the Pacific Highway Upgrade Project
- Formworkers / Concretors
- Dogging / Rigging / Scaffolding
- Mobile Plant Operators / Truck Drivers
- Crane Operators
- Labourers / Trades Assistants /
- Peggy’s /Cleaning Staff
- Health & Safety
Qualifications to help you get a foot in at the Pacific Highway Upgrade Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and / or NSW Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Pacific Highway Upgrade Project
- NSW Roads and Maritime Services – to deliver the Pacific Highway Upgrade project
- Laing O’Rourke – has been selected by NSW Roads and Maritime Services to design and construct the $4.3 billion, four lane, dived lane dual carriageway.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Pacific Highway Upgrade Project Union Greenfields Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
At this stage of the project we are unable to find any EBA’s. As any EBA’s are released / found they will be updated into this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, read Shared Investor and go in the draw to win gear and event tickets?
For all of the above it’s just $22 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel or contact us at anytime.