In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects from all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Collinsville Solar PV Project
- $100 million project near Collinsville, Qld.
- Collinsville Solar PV will consist of approximately 180,000 individual solar PV panels and have a generation capacity of 42.5 megawatts.
- It will produce enough electricity each year to power up to 15,000 homes.
- The project will have a peak construction workforce of 120 and employ two permanent staff once complete
- Construction is expected to start before the end of June
Occupations Potentially Required for the Collinsville Solar PV Project
A construction job like this will usually require:
- Mobile Plant Operators / Truck Drivers
- Crane Operators
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Metal Trades
- Building Trades/Formworkers
- Labourer / Trades Assistant
- Peggy’s /Cleaning Staff
- Health & Safety
Qualifications that may help you get a foot in at the Collinsville Solar PV Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and QLD Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening.
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Collinsville Solar PV Project
UGL – awarded the Engineering, Procurement and Construction contracts to design and build the Collinsville Solar Farm in Queensland for Ratch Australia. UGL will supply Ratch Australia with EPC and testing, generating revenue of $83 million over 13 months. The contract also involves O&M services for five years.
Note: As we are made aware of further contracts being awarded we will update this article.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Collinsville Solar PV Farm Project Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
We are yet to find any EBA’s for this project. As we find any EBA’s they will be added to this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, read Shared Investor and go in the draw to win gear and event tickets?
For all of the above it’s just $22 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel or contact us at anytime.