In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Caval Ridge Southern Circuit (CRSC) Project
BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) have decided to approve an investment of US$204 million ($271.8 millon AUD) in Central Queensland’s Bowen Basin for the Caval Ridge Southern Circuit (CRSC) project.
- Owner – BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA).
- Project scope estimated at US$204 million ($271.8 millon AUD).
- Project is now approved.
- Proposed project iincludes:
- 11 kilometer overland conveyor and associated tie-ins.
- New stockpile pad and run-of-mine station at Peak Downs.
- Existing CHPP and stockyard to be upgraded at Caval Ridge.
- Located between Peak Downs Mine and Caval Ridge Mine in Central Queensland’s Bowen Basin.
- Construction is expected to start mid 2017 and run for 18 months.
- BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) estimate the project will create up to 400 construction jobs.
Occupations Potentially Required for the Caval Ridge Southern Circuit (CRSC) Project
A construction job like this will usually require:
- Mobile Plant Operators / Truck Drivers
- Crane Operators
- Electrical / Instrumentation Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Metal Trades
- Building Trades/Formworkers
- Labourer / Trades Assistant
- Peggy’s /Cleaning Staff
- Health & Safety
Qualifications that may help you get a foot in at the Caval Ridge Southern Circuit (CRSC) Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and QLD Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening.
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Cert IV or III Instrumentation (For Electricians)
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Caval Ridge Southern Circuit (CRSC) Project
- BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) – Owner / Operator
- Whittens – awarded $58M contract to carry out earthworks, construction of access roads and pavements, drainage and in-ground water and electrical services, structural concrete construction, foundations for the conveyor and tie-in infrastructure, and a run-of-mine (ROM) pad.
Note: As we are made aware of further contracts being awarded we will update this article.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Caval Ridge Southern Circuit (CRSC) Project Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
We are yet to find any EBA’s for this project. As we find any EBA’s they will be added to this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, read Shared Investor and go in the draw to win gear and event tickets?
For all of the above it’s just $22 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel or contact us at anytime.