In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Sapphire Wind Farm Project
- Sapphire Wind Farm is situated 18km west of Glen Innes and 28km east of Inverell in the New England Tablelands of NSW.
- $430 million contract to deliver 270MW Sapphire wind farm
- comprises 75 Vestas V126 3.6MW turbines
- Construction at Sapphire Wind Farm started in January 2017 and will run through until mid 2018.
Occupations Potentially Required for the Sapphire Wind Farm Project
A construction job like this will usually require:
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Building Trades
- Mobile Plant Operator / Truck Driver
- Crane Operators
- Labourer / Trades Assistant
- Metal Trades
- Health & Safety
Qualifications that may help you get a foot in at the Sapphire Wind Farm Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and NSW Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening.
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Sapphire Wind Farm Project
- CWP Renewables – developing the Sapphire Wind Farm.
- Australian Wind Technology Pty Ltd (consortium of Zenviron Pty Ltd and Vestas) – awarded the $430 million contract for the delivery of the 270MW Sapphire Wind Farm in northern New South Wales.
- Transgrid – will build and own the substation onsite adjacent to the 330kV transmission line.
Note: As we are made aware of further contracts being awarded we will update this article.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Sapphire Wind Farm Project Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
We are yet to find any EBA’s for this project. As we find any EBA’s they will be added to this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, read Shared Investor and go in the draw to win gear and event tickets?
For all of the above it’s just $22 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel or contact us at anytime.