In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects from all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Kawana Sewage Treatment Plant Upgrade Project
- Sunshine Coast, QLD
- $74M upgrade project
- Start of Construction : April 2017
- Forecast in-service : Late 2018
- Part of upgrade is to construct a new anaerobic digester to produce methane and install a large methane-powered engine to generate electricity (expected to lower Kawana Sewage Treatment Plant electricity bill by 1/3rd).
Occupations Potentially Required at the Kawana Sewage Treatment Plant Upgrade Project
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Building Trades
- Mobile Plant Operator / Truck Driver
- Crane Operators
- Labourer / Trades Assistant
- Health & Safety
Qualifications to help you get a foot in at the Kawana Sewage Treatment Plant Upgrade Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and / or QLD Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Kawana Sewage Treatment Plant Upgrade Project
- Unitywater – authority that provides water and sewerage services to part of SE QLD.
- Monadelphous – awarded the contract for the design and construction of a major upgrade to Unitywater’s Kawana Sewage Treatment Plant, on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Kawana Sewage Treatment Plant Upgrade Project Union Greenfields Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
At this stage of the project we are unable to find any EBA’s. As any EBA’s are released / found they will be updated into this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, read Shared Investor and go in the draw to win gear and event tickets?
For all of the above it’s just $22 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel or contact us at anytime.