In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects from all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the North Queensland Stadium Project
$250 million Stadium / entertainment precinct project in Townsville’s CBD.
- Estimate scope of $250 million.
- Expected to generate up to 750 jobs throughout the design and construction.
- Stage one of the project now secured and in the planning phase.
- Commencement of early works on site expected mid 2017.
- Stadium completion is expected early 2020, ready for the new NRL season.
Occupations Potentially Required at the North Queensland Stadium Project
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Metal Trades
- Building Trades / Formworkers
- Air Conditioning / Refrigeration Techs
- Steelfixers / Concretors
- Labourer / Trades Assistant
- Peggy’s / Cleaning Staff
- Health & Safety
Qualifications to help you get a foot in at the North Queensland Stadium Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and / or QLD Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies / Organisations Involved with the North Queensland Stadium Project
- The North Queensland Stadium Project is a partnership between:
- The Queensland Government – Main information portal
- The Australian Government
- The Townsville City Council
- with support from National Rugby League (NRL) & North Queensland Toyota Cowboys
Note: A Major Contractor is expected to be announced mid 2017 – we will update this article as soon as we here any updates.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
North Queensland Stadium Project Union Greenfields Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
At this stage of the project we are unable to find any EBA’s. As any EBA’s are released / found they will be updated into this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, read Shared Investor and go in the draw to win gear and event tickets?
For all of the above it’s just $22 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel or contact us at anytime.