In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Karrinyup Shopping Centre Redevelopment Project
A $600 million shopping centre redevelopment including, a number of new large format international retailers, high-quality fashion retailers, food and entertainment and 150 residential apartments.
- $600 million Karrinyup Shopping Centre redevelopment.
- Located 12 kilometres north-west of the Perth CBD.
- 2,500 jobs expected during construction.
- Construction contract awarded in July 2016.
Occupations Potentially Required for the Karrinyup Shopping Centre Redevelopment Project
A construction job like this will usually require:
- Electrical Trades
- Mechanical Trades
- Metal Trades
- Building Trades
- Air Conditioning / Refrigeration Techs
- Crane Operators
- Labourer / Trades Assistant
- Peggy’s /Cleaning Staff
- Health & Safety
Qualifications that may help you get a foot in at the Karrinyup Shopping Centre Redevelopment Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and WA Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safely Working at Heights – for EWP workers
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening.
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Karrinyup Shopping Centre Redevelopment Project
- AMP Capital Shopping Centres – Owner of the Karrinyup Shopping Centre.
- Brookfield Multiplex – Construction Partner for the the Karrinyup Shopping Centre.
Note: As we are made aware of further contracts being awarded we will update this article.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Karrinyup Shopping Centre Redevelopment Project Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
We are yet to find any EBA’s for this project. As we find any EBA’s they will be added to this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses, read Shared Investor and go in the draw to win gear and event tickets?
For all of the above it’s just $22 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel or contact us at anytime.