In the ‘Watching for jobs …….’ series we are going to be running over Australian Mining and Construction projects all over the country. In each post we will include an Overview of the project, a Location Profile, the Companies involved, the Occupations required, the skills / qualifications that will help you to get your foot in the door and the Enterprise Bargaining Agreements. This will help you to stay in the loop and know how to skill up where needed. The aim is to help you get yourself into the best position to land a start on the major sites and projects around Australia.
About the Greater Enfield Project
A Woodside Energy and Mitsui E&P Australia Joint Venture Oil Field Project 60 km off Exmouth in Western Australia.
- 60km off the coast of Exmouth, WA.
- Owner – joint venture between Woodside Energy Ltd (Operator, 60%) and Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd (40%).
- Project scope approximately US$1.9 Billon – approximately AUD$2.5 Billion at today’s exchange rate.
- Project Approval Announced on the 27th June 2016.
- Project is expected to require development of six subsea production wells and six water injection wells.
- Planned operational date is late 2018, early 2019.
Occupations Potentially Required for the Greater Enfield Project
An offshore installation project like this will potential require:
- Offhosre Electrical / Instrumentation Trades
- Offshore Mechanical Trades
- Offshore Metal Trades
- Offshore Plant Operators
- Offshore Crane Operators / Riggers
- Offshore Labourers
- Offshore Health & Safety
- Offshore Supervisors
Qualifications that may help you get a foot in on the Greater Enfield Project
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and / or WA Licences
- Occupational Health and Safety – Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licences
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSEIT)
- Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (TBOSEIT)
- Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET)
- Tropical Further Offshore Emergency Training (TFOET)
- Travel Safely by Boat Training
- Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- IRATA Ropes Access Level 1 or higher
- Cert IV or III Instrumentation and Cert IV EEHA (For Electricians)
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP, Forklifts, Mobile Crane, Loaders.
- Safe Working in Confined Space Course
- Dogging/Rigging/Scaffolding tickets
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Ability to pass Medical including Drug and Alcohol screening
Companies / Organisations Involved with the Greater Enfield Project
- Woodside – 60% Owner / Operator
- Mitsui E&P Australia – 40% Owner
- OneSubsea – Contract for the Detailed Design and Manufacture of Subsea Hardware and Pumping Systems.
- Contact details for OneSubsea Australia
- Aibel – Contract for the Detailed Engineering of Topsides Modification.
Note: As we are made aware of further contracts being awarded we will update this article.
For the latest announcements, Major Project, Shut-down and Even-time roster jobs
Interstate Licence Recognition
A helpful tool to finding out whether your trade qualification needs mutual recognition when working interstate.
Check out the Cribhut Daily post – Thinking about Working Interstate – Licence Recognition
Greater Enfield Project Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
An Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) is a collective industrial agreement between either an employer and a trade union acting on behalf of employees or an employer and employees acting for themselves.
At this stage of the project no EBA’s are available. As any EBA’s are released they will be updated into this article.
Disclaimer: Cribhut provides this information with the best intentions, but purely as a guide. Like most things in life, there are no guarantees. Your lively hood is your own responsibility and even if following the above recommendations, it is still up to you to do your own research, to be patient, persistent and put in the hard work.
Photo Credit (daily sunny)
The team at Cribhut
Want to stay in the loop with what jobs are going around, receive 10% off training courses and go in the draw to win gear and event tickets?
For all of the above it’s just $22 per month and you can pause, resume, cancel or contact us at anytime.